2010-current – Freelance Journalist: Asia-Pacific
- Broadcast Presenter/Reporter/Producer
- Media Trainer/Media Consultant/Social Media Consultant/Mentor
- Master of Ceremonies/Moderator/Facilitator
Journalist, Writer, Presenter, Media Consultant and Master of Ceremonies, Nicole spent 20 years in Australian television as a reporter, producer and presenter.
A key player at 24 hour news channel Sky New for a decade, Nicole then spent four years in Hong Kong establishing herself as the creative go-to-girl for anything media related in the Asia-Pacific region. In 2014, Nicole moved to Xi’an in mainland China where she continued to expand her media business. She is now back in Australia continuing to freelance as a media specialist.
With communications her specialty, Nicole’s work has included hosting premier business awards in HK and the Philippines, presenting corporate videos in China and media consulting for Hong Kong and Australian companies; as well as a guest on RTHK Radio 3’s morning show as an expert blogger. Nicole’s wide-ranging articles are regularly published in magazines and online publications around the globe, including Huffington Post.
As a journalist, Nicole covered stories spanning tragedy to triumph, including Sky News’ ASTRA award-winning coverage of the deaths of Wildlife Warrior, Steve Irwin and motor racing legend, Peter Brock in the same week. Nicole was also presenting live the day the deadly bush fires – known as Black Saturday – devastated the Australian state of Victoria; and during the Mumbai Terror Attacks in India. She has presented and produced many Australia Day’s and been part of several election campaigns.
Nicole also produced many of Sky’s high-rating programs including in-depth political program Australian Agenda, the climate change conscious Eco Report, Health News (which she also hosted for 7 years) and Australia’s first talkback-TV show Willesee Across Australia.
In 2007, Nicole went to Kenya to volunteer in an orphanage where she also wrote, filmed and produced a documentary ‘Eyes Wide, Open Arms’ aired on Sky News.
Proud of what she has accomplished thus far, Nicole’s biggest achievement to date is navigating life in a foreign country (aka mastering chopsticks) and starting her critically acclaimed blog – Mint Mocha Musings. Recently, Nicole’s short story was accepted for an anthology ‘Once Upon an Expat’ – published in June 2016. Nicole is in the midst of writing her own non fiction travel memoir, (working title #ThisisChina).
As China becomes a global force to be reckoned with, Nicole wants to help the world understand more about the real China and what a fascinating place the Middle Kingdom is.
FREELANCE JOURNALIST (2011-current)
Writer/Copywriter/Media Trainer/MC/Presenter/Social Media Consultant
A cross-section of projects to date:
- Kidspot, News Limited – writer
- Blogger, Huffington Post
- New Initiative Media – Media Consultant + Master of Ceremonies 2010 – present
- Media Training – Waggener Edstrom Communications
- Fair Planet.Org – Writer
- BlueInc Media – AsiaSpa Magazine – Writer
- W Hotel, Hong Kong/Beijing – Creative Copywriter
- PlayTimes Magazine – Writer
- JumpStart Magazine Hong Kong – Writer
- Expat Focus online website – Columnist
- The HK Hub – Writer
- Sassy Hong Kong/Sassy Mama Hong Kong – Contributing writer
- EyeWorks New Zealand (‘Who Am I’ – TV 3) – Program Researcher
- Ghost writer
SKY NEWS AUSTRALIA (2000-2010)
- 2005-2010: Presenter, Sky News Australia
- 2003-2006: Presenter, Prime News New Zealand
- 2002-2007: Programs Executive Producer/Reporter: Health News/Willesee Across Australia/Australian Agenda/In the First Person/Viewpoint/ShowBiz/Book Show/Eco Report
- 2001: Producer: Business Daily
- 2000: Producer: Sky News Australia
NBN TELEVISION (1997-2000)
- 1999: Reporter/Bureau Chief: NBN Gold Coast
- 1997-98 Reporter: NBN Tamworth